For any questions you may have regarding a specific project
RT 3 Thebes
Signals are in place and working. Bridge is down to one lane traffic. Replacing expansion joints at both ends of bridge.
RT 51 Dowell
Temporary signals in place, road is down to one lane. Watch for workers and equipment.
Town Creek Road
- One Lane Road, Flaggers Present, Watch for Workers and Equipment.
RT 127 Over Beaucoup Creek - North of Murphysboro
- Traffic is switched to new alignment on new bridge. Pay attention to signs and drive slowly.
RT 148 south of Mt. Vernon and Rt 148 near Dix
- Road work resumes Thursday April 27th.
RT 37 north of Bonnie
Temporary signals in place, road is down to one lane. Watch for equipment and workers.
I-57 North of Ina
RT 15 Woodlawn
- Temporary signals in place. Watch for equipment and workers.
Kaskaskia and Water Street in Chester
- Work Starts Week of May 8th
Modoc Ferry Road
Road will be closed this week for curve realignment.
Bridge on US 45 - 4 Miles South of Carrier Mills
One lane road with signals in place. Painting the structural steel below deck. Striping and rumble strips are all that is left to do to open after painting.
RT34 near Rudement
The guardrail is complete. we will be linseed oiling the deck next week and seeding if weather permits. We should stripe by the end of next week and open the bridge to 2 lane traffic.
RT 45 Eldorado to Texas City
I-57 over RT 146 Interchange
- Passing lanes closed both north and south bound for median cross-over construction. we are widening the median crossovers getting ready to pave them before we can switch traffic all to the north bound lanes. The south crossover is ready for asphalt and the north is still under the widening phase of construction.
RT 13 near Greenbriar Road
- We finished the loop detectors across all three east bound lanes and the new turn lane last night. The concrete intersection is complete and open as well as the east bound right turn lane. Still have the striping and earth work to complete for this phase of the job. All lanes are open through this area.
RT13 east of Marion near Norman Road
May 1st we will begin construction along the north side. Lane closures should begin the following couple of weeks.
RT 13 From RT 148 To Crainville - Includes : Bridge At Wolfe Creek & Frontage Roads
Briggs road is closed to the south for reconstruction and placement of the third east bound lane on 13. We are erecting the 6 pilasters at the four corners of the bridge and center piers at wolf creek road. We are placing the pavement markings along the frontage roads and wolf creek road and across the bridge. The curb and gutter and driveways are complete on Main street and next week we will place the final aggregate base and begin the asphalt phase. Earth work and side walks will continue when the rain stops falling.
I-57 South of Marion to I-24
- South bound lane closures continue through May 25th. Major delays possible, use alternate routes. Be prepared to stop. Use caution, Entrance Ramp to Southbound 57 and East bound I-24 From Route 148 will be closed May 1st through May6th.